Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chain emails AKA "Friendly Spam"



First -- I really get annoyed when people include me on the silly email version of the old fashioned chain letter. "If you don't do this in the specified time period to exactly this many people, you will suffer dire consequences! REALLY!"

Second -- I get quite irate when the sender includes all the addresses in the to or cc field -- hello?? I don't really want my address spread hither and yon. Ever heard of bcc?

Third -- just how difficult is it to remove the umpteen previous message headers and all the VALID email addresses? ok, ok, more people are removing all that crud; I can't recall any recent 'friendly spams' [my term - junk mail from those you know] with more than four 'generations'.

But -- once in awhile, I learn interesting bits of info. Such as an email address of an unpleasant person. Just how many people have the audacity to hope? oh, sorry, got sidetracked there... the audacity to use "dear" in their address?
dear.unpleasant.person@hotmail.com

gag. gack. excuse me; I need to find a bucket.
and yes, I sometimes enjoy sharing my disgust or pain with friends. aren't you lucky?

No comments: