Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Writing from Years Past

The tears
For fear
For LOVE
For sheer exhaustion
The rollercoaster of emotions
PURE LOVE
PURE HATE
PURE JOY
PURE RAGE
RAW feelings screaming, tearing, roaring
through my veins, my heart, my soul
Sometimes I wish I was a flatliner
You know, one of them -
Those people without stories
Those people, always calm
Those people - not me -
Never get excited
Never get angry
Never get happy to the point of tears
Then I think
"What kind of world would I have?
No reaction to colors of the rainbow
No reaction to smells of autumn, cookies
No reaction to sounds of symphonies or babies gurgling
No reaction to touch of a lover's skin
No reaction to wine - or CHOCOLATE!"
I'll take the world I have
Full of turmoil and torment
Full of joy at sunbeams and moonbeams
I'll ride my rollercoaster
(Oh, the agony - I cry in line, then once in awhile I do it again)

No comments: